Your Opportunities Far Exceed Your Vision
The final day of the Building Champions Experience provided Jerry Baker, CEO Mentor Coach, the opportunity to share what he has learned about life and business over the past fifty years. Jerry has had a long and successful career in many different industries including Aerospace, Advertising, Mortgage Banking, and as a public servant in the Reagan Administration.
Here were my five takeaways from Jerry’s talk on Friday morning:
- Work Hard - When you work hard you get recognized and you get opportunities for more responsibilities. Hard work is the key differentiator that you can control. Don’t ever be satisfied, work hard and do more than the average person next to you, but never from a position of arrogance.
- Be Confident - There are times when you will not know what you are doing but you must do them anyway. The next time you do them it will be easier. You need to trust your instincts and good common judgement. “I did not know I couldn’t do it, so I did it anyway.” - Jerry Baker
- Believe You Can Do It - You will be asked to do things you have never done before, instead of saying, “I can’t do that.” figure out what you must learn so you can do it. Ask others, learn from research, do the work no one else will do.
- Don’t Listen To The Naysayers - Don’t listen to those people who say you can’t do something - do it anyway! Place yourself around people who believe in you. Don’t take no for answer, ask the question differently.
- Your Opportunities Far Exceed Your Vision - Beware of your limited thinking and the limited thinking of others. Work hard everyday to achieve your vision and doors will open you never thought were possible simply because you show up, work hard, believe in yourself, and have a humble confidence in what you bring to the table.
Make it a great day!