How To Create A Great Business Plan
Too often our business plans are overly complicated and difficult to execute. At Building Champions we coach our clients to consider working from a one-page business plan that is simple, meaningful, and measurable. We've discovered no matter what your position in the company you can develop a great business plan by answering the following seven questions:
- What will you accomplish?
- How will you behave in order to accomplish your goals?
- Where do you need to make improvements in order to meet your goals?
- When will designated aspects of the plan need to be completed?
- What will achieving your goals make possible?
- What is at stake if you don't achieve your goals?
- What impact will success and failure have on the people you love and serve?
By answering these questions you will identify your goals, disciplines, improvement projects, and internal motivation for success. You will have a timeline for when your goals and projects must be achieved. You will have a great business plan!
Do you have a business plan you work from each day? If so, I'd love to hear how your plan compares to the one I've outlined above.
Make it a great day!