A TIME TO REFLECT, CONNECT, & CELEBRATE
This week my team and I gathered to reflect on and celebrate the accomplishments of 2010. We do this once a year in a setting where we can fellowship, share a meal, and have a chance to connect in ways that our busy schedules sometimes prevent us from doing. I love this annual meeting because it provides me the opportunity to recognize our team collectively, certain individuals for their contribution, and to share our team vision.
Before the meeting I asked my team a series of questions about the previous year’s successes, challenges, and learning moments. At the meeting we took time to share answers to each of these questions in a round table discussion format. Listed below are the questions and just some of the themes I noticed in people’s responses:
What was your greatest accomplishment in 2010?
- Still being in business and serving clients
- Changing my business model to fit the market
- Staying positive
- Discovering new and innovative ways to meet new clients
What did you learn about yourself and your business in 2010?
- My attitude has an effect on everything I do
- I need to change some things or I will not make it through this tough market/economy
- Don’t live my life and run my business with a fear of failure or rejection
- I need to be surrounded by people I like working with - both my team and clients
What helped you get through the challenges of our market in 2010?
- Having a great team culture for support and encouragement
- Training and coaching opportunities available to everyone
- Not worrying about things you cannot control
- Focusing on the positive things in life
A year from now, what do you believe will be the “One thing” that made your 2011 successful?
- Positive attitude
- Looking for opportunities to meet new clients
- Focusing on the fundamentals of customer service and sales
- Coming to work every day and treating it like a career
If you and your team are not meeting regularly to review vision, celebrate successes, and discuss challenges, I encourage you to start doing so immediately. I hope you find the answers above encouraging and true for you as well.
Make it a great day!