New Truth: You Are At Peace With God
Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. - Romans 5:1
As I meditated on this verse I wrote the following notes which I hope are helpful for you to think about as you too meditate on this verse:
- We have been made right with God, which means we were once against our Creator and heavenly Father. We were in a state of open rebellion fighting against Him in many ways but most importantly we were openly replacing Him with our own efforts and solutions.
- We have been made right in God's sight by something other than our own efforts. It is not because of our work, success, or power. We arrived at this state of being not by our own accord.
- God now sees us through the work of Christ and the cross. In God's sight we are no longer enemies, the object of his wrath, but rather we are seen through the filter or lens of Christ's life, ministry, death, and resurrection. This is not just an allusion in God's eye, but a reality for us - each of us is a new creation, the old is gone!
- We are no longer in open rebellion against Him, we instead are at peace with Him. The white flag has been raised and he has accepted our repentance and submission. Instead of punishment we now get to enjoy fellowship with Him.
- This fellowship with God allows us to have peace, community and fellowship with each other. The church is united through Christ and called to bring others into this peace with God.
Father, thank you for allowing us to be at peace with you. Thank you for your grace and forgiveness. Holy Spirit give us each the strength to share this Good News with others thereby increasing the number of people at peace with you each day. Jesus, help us to follow your lead as we serve others and engage them with your story of redemption and restoration.
- Do you feel that you are truly at peace with God?
- What guilt and shame are you still holding on to that keeps you from experiencing the peace of God?
- Who do you know that needs to hear the Good News of peace, acceptance, and redemption?
Make it a great day!