Mastering 1:1 Meetings
At its heart, leadership is all about influence. When done properly, great leaders are able to bring out the best in all of their people and relationships. Their ability to simultaneously deliver results and develop people sets them apart. This team experience is designed to help leaders take advantage of both formal and informal opportunities to intentionally invest in the people they lead by focusing on four key mindsets:
- Manager - The mindset of effectively directing people toward specific outcomes.
- Teacher - The mindset of equipping others to improve performance.
- Mentor - The mindset of sharing your experience, expertise and advice.
- Coach - The mindset of partnering with people to increase their potential and maximize their strengths.
At the heart of each of these mindsets is a set of skills that must be continually developed and refined. While each individual skill may be simple, when combined and leveraged together they can have a profound impact on your ability to bring out the best in your people.
- Active Listening - The ability to leverage verbal and non-verbal cues to improve comprehension and understanding in communication.
- Asking Powerful Questions - The ability to utilize questions to engage someone's mind to expand their thinking and identify possible solutions.
- Leveraging Goals - The ability to set the right goals with systems in place to ensure the goals are being achieved the right way.
- Providing Feedback - The ability to provide consistent feedback desired to help people grow and develop while delivering better results.
Target Audience and Format
Anyone who is a leader of people that wants to use one-on-one meetings to increase their influence and drive results. This team experience is designed to be delivered in a workshop setting over the course of 1.5 days.