In the past, I have written about the need to have a personal development plan if you are serious about becoming a life long learner I am committed to living and leading with purpose and many of the people I coach are as well. Recently, many of them have requested a list of online resources I use most frequently for my own development. To that end, below is a list of my current and favorite online resources. I’ve divided them into the major areas of my life where I have focused my development efforts:
- The YouVersion Bible App - Excellent application that offers the Bible in different languages with reading plans, the ability to take notes, watch sermons, received daily verses, and engage in community with other people of faith.
- Daily Hope With Rick Warren - I love Rick’s simple and instructive approach to teaching life application from the Bible. This daily devotional is great to read with your spouse and share around the dinner table at night.
- The Day One Journal - This is a great resource for journaling your thoughts on leadership and all aspects of life. If you get stuck writing you can turn on the “question of the day” which will help you get the creative juices flowing and allow you to keep up the daily practice of journaling.
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace Blog - This blog features wonderful tips and advice on how to be a great steward of your finances. My wife and I have read Dave’s book, The Total Money Makeover and highly recommend it for starting a budget, shifting your paradigm on debt, and living in financial peace. It has helped us pay off more than $50,000 in student loans, car loans, and other debt in the past four years.
- Quicken Financial Software - This program/app allows me to track spending, budget, and make solid financial decisions each month.
- EntreLeadership Podcast - This is an excellent podcast done in an interview style with leaders from around the world discussing both personal and team leadership.
- Harvard Business Review Blog - I have to sift through a number of articles but the thought leadership and access to business research studies is excellent for helping you think outside the box and apply best practices from other industries to yours.
- Keeping Current Matters Blog - This is a industry specific blog for Realtors and lenders. Many of my clients are in these industries and this blog allows me to stay current on market trends.
- Michael Hyatt’s Blog & Podcast - Michael is one of the most generous thought leaders of the day. His blog and podcast have had a tremendous impact on my leadership at home and at work. Michael writes and speaks on leadership, productivity, and personal development.
- The Champions Edge Series - A shameless plug here for this great library of free leadership and life webinars from Building Champions. The program is designed to help you grow in all areas of leadership and create action plans you can implement right away with those you love and lead. I love listening to my peer coaches share their thought leadership and observations from the coach’s chair.
- James Clear’s Blog - My friend and client Rebecca Tudor first introduced me to James’ blog and I am really enjoying his simple and practical approach to forming healthy habits in your life.
- Wunderlist - Great app for recording To-Do’s, Projects, Special Reminders - I list this because it helps me stay organized and focused on the priorities of my life thus leading to greater personal development and growth.
- Dr. Henry Cloud’s Facebook Page - Henry posts regularly to his Facebook page with thoughts, conversations, and daily learnings to help you set boundaries in your life and at work. I love the psychological lens through which he guides and teaches his followers.
While this list is long, it is manageable and gives me the freedom to choose from a large library of podcasts, webinars, articles, and blog posts that help me reach my goal of becoming a life long learner.
Do you have a list of resources you would like to share? If so, leave a comment below.
Make it a great day!