Every year in July my team and I take time to reflect on the first half of the year and all it has brought forth. Reflecting on the past is not something we do as often as we should. Perhaps the past is full of pain or sorrow and the thought of remembering the struggles and challenges is too difficult. Often though, we don't reflect because we just don't take the time. We are so caught up in dealing with the tyranny of the urgent we forget what we were doing just a few hours maybe even minutes ago. This year I've asked my team to reflect on the first half of the year and I've provided them with the following five questions to help them in this process.
- How is your ATTITUDE heading into the second half of the year?
- What was your greatest SUCCESS in the first six months of the year?
- What was your greatest CHALLENGE in the first six months of the year?
- What is your greatest NEED as you enter the final six months of the year?
- What do you need to KEEP doing, START doing, and STOP doing in the next six months to reach your goals?
I encourage you to take the time to answer these questions for yourself and to share them with a loved one or client. They create great conversation around the dinner table, a client meeting, or small group setting.
If you are a person of faith a final question for you to ask yourself would be, "Where have I seen God working in the past six months, and how can I jump in to help Him?"
Wherever you find yourself after the first six months of this year, take time to reflect and answer the questions above. Make sure you have surrounded yourself with people that love and support you, a coach/mentor, and that you are focusing on your personal health. If I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask.
Make it a great day!