One of my greatest struggles is to remain disciplined and focused on the priorities in my life and business. There are so many “things” calling out to me during the day that take me away from being fully engaged in what I need to be doing. The ability to stay focused and disciplined at work and in life, in my opinion, has never been more difficult.
I’ve been reading the book of Proverbs this week to gain more insight into how to be a more disciplined person. I thought I would share with you some of the insights I’ve gained from one passage in particular, Proverbs 5. From this passage, I identified seven proactive steps that I can take to avoid an undisciplined life.
- Have a friend, mentor or coach to hold you accountable to your priorities and goals.
- Study ways to improve your strengths and develop systems to help you with your weaknesses.
- Be faithful to ones you love and never take their love for granted.
- Create daily action plans that support your goals, priorities, and key relationships.
- Set boundaries on what you do, where you go, and what you take in with your five senses.
- Seek out and listen for wisdom so that no one can exploit you or take advantage of you.
- Reflect on your life and priorities regularly - keep your vision front and center.
What steps are you taking this year to lead a more disciplined life?
Make it a great day,