Going through life there are key events, decisions, and relationships that shape us into who we are. In the past, people would often retell their life stories and family history over dinner or on special occasions to remember these pivotal moments. They did this in the hope that their stories would remind them, and future generations, of the courage, faith, and sacrifice it took to get through certain seasons of life.
As we continue to press on during these challenging economic times, it is important that we too reflect on and share the key moments of our life story. If we don’t, we are in danger of forgetting the faithfulness of friends when we needed them most, the love of family members in our time of need, and our own personal sacrifices.
I encourage you to take some time today to reflect on your story and how those special memories can help you today. Consider these reflective questions:
- What events shaped your personal values?
- Who offered a helping hand when you needed it most?
- What prayers were answered?
- What prayers were not answered and turned out be blessings?
- How did you get through a crisis of conviction, morals, or ethics?
- When did you have to rely on others to help you achieve your goals?
- What relationships have taught you the importance of love, loyalty, respect, and self-sacrifice?
Right now many of us are going through challenging times that one day we will look back on as pivotal moments in our personal history. When we do reflect on this time we will either be proud of how we responded to the challenges we are facing and the relationships we formed or we will want to forget them. We will either tell our kids about this great season of faith and perseverance or we will hope they never ask us about this chapter of our life.
Use the questions above to help you make this season of life a great moment in your personal history - worthy to be shared at dinner tables, around campfires, and at family events.
Question: What is a key moment in your life that encourages you and helps you get through challenging times?
Make it a great day!