The 2010 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers has been released by the National Association of Realtors. It provides key insight into what buyers and sellers want and need from sales professionals. As I read through the report this week, I focused in on the seller survey results for what services they want most and what they are looking for in an agent during this challenging real estate market. After reviewing the report, I was pleased to see that sellers not only have reasonable expectations (wants) but they know exactly what they need in this market. This data is valuable only if we actually do something with it. In the past I’ve written about the essential elements of a great buyer presentation. So today, I’m encouraging my team to review their seller listing presentation to make sure it addresses the following wants and needs of sellers:
The top four services sellers are looking for from a real estate agent:
- Pricing strategy that clearly outlines how you will price the home to be competitive and standout in the sea of other homes that are on the market.
- Buyer Attraction Strategy that outlines how you plan to find and attract buyers to their home.
- Marketing Strategy that outlines the venues, resources, and timeline for delivering a marketing plan that allows for maximum exposure to prospective buyers.
- Timeline for selling the home in the fastest amount of time for the highest price possible.
The top four factors that will be considered when choosing the agent to work with:
- Your solid reputation in the community must be evident, so come prepared with examples of past success and current clients that trust you to sell their home.
- Your honesty and integrity should be displayed in unique ways. Instead of just having written testimonials, consider having video testimonials from past clients.
- Your knowledge of the area must be demonstrated in your explanation of the current market from a macro and micro perspective. Be able to take the seller from the surrounding regional market all the way down to their specific neighborhood market.
- Demonstrate you are caring and a good listener by asking questions, listening, repeating, and taking good notes. Let them know that you understand their goals and needs and that you are here to serve them.
If you read this list you will see the main topics cross over to almost every industry. Whether you are providing a service or selling a product, I encourage you to find industry research on what customers are looking for from the people they hire to help them achieve their goals.
Question: How are you adapting your products and services to meet your clients’ needs?
Make it a great day!