The LORD kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised. She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would. - Genesis 21:1-2
Today is one of those days were I am simply resting in this comforting truth, Our LORD keeps his word. In a world full of unmet expectations, false promises, and a lack of clarity we can count of the promises of God.
I have seen the LORD keep his promises in countless ways in my life and in the lives of those I love, lead, and serve. He makes himself known and his promises a reality through...
- The forgiveness of our sins
- The encouragement and support of his Spirit
- The fellowship of believers
- The answer to prayers
- The gift of peace and reconciliation
LORD, thank you for being a God that walks the talk, does what he says, and keeps his promises. Holy Spirit convict me to give my word only when I know I can keep it, and give me the courage and tenacity to follow through when I don't want to. Amen.
- How have you seen God keep his promises in your life?
- Is there a promise of the LORD that you need to have faith in and believe right now in your life?
- Would the people you love, lead, and serve consider you to be someone that keeps your word?
Make it a great day!